homesitemapcontactshot links
slovenská verzia
SK
magyar változat
HU


The town's main square

The Ethnologic Museum with a smithy

Stone building constructed in 1850. In the front part there can be found an authentic smithy with an open fire. Its tool equipment and the porch before the forge show that it used to serve either for shoeing horses. In the back part of the house there are three rooms. One of them introduces a shoemaker´s guild, which had a long tradition in Moldava. In the middle of the house there is a kitchen with its original equipment and furniture from the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century. In the back room there are examples of the dressmaker´s and hattery guild equipment and the guild of gingerbread-makers´ equipment exhibited.

The museum also houses archaeological findings of PhMr. Gustáv Stibrányi - an honorary citizen of the town. In the small picture gallery besides contemporary paintings and photographs on the town there is also a function-weaving loom. In the back part of the building there is a stable for the cattle where are stored preserved agricultural machines and tools.

To visit the museum call the Town Cultural Centre in advance, tel. +421 55 4602173 or Mrs. Marta Dittelová +421 55 4602513.

City Office

Školská 2
04552 Moldava nad Bodvou
tel.: 055 4880211, fax: 055 4603221
msu@moldava.sk | www.moldava.sk
Mesto Moldava nad Bodvou © 2001-2012    |    webmaster: Tibor Pásztor